Armchair BEA: My Favorite Book Bloggers & Upcoming Authors!




Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens!
Brown paper packages tied up with strings,
These are a few of my favorite things…!



And here are a few of my favorite book bloggers! I didn’t sign up in time to interview a fellow blogger for BEA, so instead, I’m making a Top Five list of fellow bloggers whose taste runs similar to mine. I guarantee you’ll like them!

And now, in alphabetical order...

*Ashley @ BOOKS FROM BLEH TO BASICALLY AMAZING: Ashley is my soul twin! We have very similar tastes in books, especially when it comes to fairy tales. I met her because of Fairy Tale Fortnight, but we’ve chatted online a lot and have a ton in common. LOVE!

*Ashley @ THE BOOKISH BRUNETTE: I LOVE this girl. Her taste is very similar to mine. She can get me to read books I would otherwise never pick up such as FORBIDDEN, which I reviewed yesterday. I love seeing her on Twitter and wish we could chat together more :)

*Brodie @ Eleusinian Mysteries: A fellow Armchair girl! Brodie hails from Australia and puts fun covers on her blog I haven’t seen before, as well as introduces me to new authors I might not otherwise hear about! Plus, we love a LOT of the same books & are nuts on hearing about HUNGER GAMES movie news!

*GINA @ MY PRECIOUS: I met Gina through Small Review (Or was it the other way around? I forget now…). Both lovely ladies have similar tastes to both each other and to me. Gina loves discussion and will sometimes do discussion question posts on her blog like a virtual book club! She also has great taste when it comes to book cover design, especially illustrations!

*SMALL REVIEW: Small has such a beautiful website. I’m always hearing about new books I want to read from her. She’s constantly adding new, unique features. My favorite is her REVIEW COMPARISON feature, when she pulls together a bunch of reviews from various bloggers and talks about the overall pros and cons of a book. It’s always fun to see what people agree/disagree on!


If you’re not listed here, it doesn’t mean I don’t love you, because I TOTALLY do! I could only pick five!

Also, because my heart beats for books, I want to also share the blogs of five upcoming authors you should all know about and have on your TBR list!

*Brigid Kemmerer: Brigid’s first novel, ELEMENTAL, is coming out in June 2012 from K Teen, an imprint of Kensington Books. ELEMENTAL was sold in auction as the first in a three-book deal.

*Sarah J. Maas: For you fairy tale lovers out there! QUEEN OF GLASS is a new retelling of Cinderella that initially got its start on FictionPress. The novel is slated to be released in Fall 2012 from Bloomsbury.

*Josin L. McQuein: Josin posted just today that she has accepted an offer of agent representation for ARCLIGHT. It hasn’t started making the rounds to publishers yet, but here’s an upcoming author you can follow on her incredible journey to publication! I first heard about Josin when she posted her query letter for PREMEDITATED at The Query Shark’s blog. OMG, what an awesome query! I can’t wait for that book to make the rounds!

*Marissa Meyer: Another fairy tale novel coming your way! CINDER is the first in the LUNAR HEIR CHRONICLES quartet and slated to launch January 3, 2012 from Feiwel & Friends, a Macmillan imprint. The novel is futuristic, takes place in China, and has Cinderella as a cyborg. Wait a second, whaaaaaaaat? You know you’ll be reading this. Marissa had a fairy tale dream come true when it came to querying for agents and getting a publisher through a major bidding war in a high-end deal. I’ve watched her every step of the way, since CINDER was still a NaNo dream, and I couldn’t be happier for her (or, okay, jealous, too!)!!! Cover Art is being worked on right now (I can’t WAIT to see!!).

*Kat Zhang: HYBRID is the first in a trilogy and has no release date just yet, but was picked up by Harper Teen and pitched as a cross between THE GOLDEN COMPASS and GIRL, INTERRUPTED.

Comments

  1. ^________^ Thank you!! I know, my story is such a fairy tale, it's crazy, lol.

    YAY new blogs to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you!! <3 You seriously rock. I'm so glad I put new awesome authors on your radar! And my gosh. We have many years ahead of us to gush about all three of the Hunger Games movies and news and casting and TRAILERS! AH! I'm peeing my pants with excitement hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww!! Thank you m'lovely! I love your blog too! (Finally getting around to getting caught up too! :P )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOOVE you my darling!!

    See what happens when I'm gone for a day? You mention me and I don;t notice until the day after! *shame*

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the best! Thank you so much for including me. The feeling is so mutual :)

    I can't wait for Queen of Glass to come out! It feels like I've been waiting for years :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I've been out riding for the weekend, what a surprise to come back to a nice @mention on your blog! Thanks Bonnie! Right back at you girl!

    I've really enjoyed following your blog too, you really put your heart and soul into your blogging. I am really looking forward to you getting your book written and published, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marissa, I am beyond jealous of your fairy tale story! lol

    Brodie: I love you, too! And you totally put new authors on my radar all the time. I loev seeing your covers. OMG, HUNGER GAMES...we have a CAST!!!

    Ashley: I know, I feel so behind this week! I miss you :)

    @Bookish Brunette: I love youuuuuuuuuu! I know, what's up with that? For shame!

    @Small: You're totally welcome! I adore your blog and it always looks so lovely and put together! Did you read QUEEN OF GLASS before it was published? I wish I had!

    @Gina: You're welcome! I truly love reading your reviews. We have such similar tastes! Aw, and thank you! I hope you'll like my book once the time finally comes! I'm thinking I'll have to show it to you beforehand to get the blogger flaws, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!