Cover Crazy: TANGLED TIDES by Karen Amanda Hooper




Cover Crazy is hosted by The Book Worms. Each week, bloggers "admire the art and beauty of a book’s design, so I’m going to post minimal words. It is up to you to write how you feel and what you like about it the way you’d like to."




Why I Love This Cover:


MERMAID!!!!! This is just how a mermaid should look!!
<--- It makes me think of one of my favorite images from Disney’s THE LITTLE MERMAID, the one where Ariel is rising from the water and tossing her head back, her hair glistening with water.

I love the gold of her tail and the rainbow colors in her fins and the swirls covering her upper body. I also like the unique crisscross pattern running across her skin. I really like the title treatment, too: The way the gold matches her tail and shimmers. I have a feeling all the detail in this piece of art will really shine when holding a finished copy, since the internet can only show us so much!

Throw in a touch of lightning to show a storm or something sinister at play (Plus it’s called The Sea Monster Memoirs, so hmmmmmm) and you have me lusting for this one to come out already! Thankfully, it drops next month from Rhemalda (the folks who also brought us Amber Argyle’s awesome WITCH SONG cover), so we don’t have to wait until next spring/summer to read this one!
What do you think? What cover are you crazy about this week?

Comments

  1. I love mermaids as well, and this cover certainly is very eye-catching. However, it's personally not one of my favourites. I think it could have been much better blended together so that not everything sticks out. A little subtlety and simplicity goes a long way. However, I do very much like certain details of it, most of the things you mentioned actually.

    Anyway, here's my CC for this week :)
    http://onlysomewhatqueer.blogspot.com/2011/10/cover-crazy-oct-3-blue-purple-pink-tint.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mermaids!!! Win! I still haven't read a mermaid book yet! I'm waiting until someone recommends an EPIC one to me!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks so much for the cover love! I've been a Disney lover all my life so maybe I subconsciously asked for my cover to resemble The Little Mermaid. :)

    *big hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for emailing Rhemalda and letting us know that we should stop by your blog and see that TANGLED TIDES was featured as your Cover Crazy selection.

    We are very happy with the cover. Artist Melissa Williams is a talented designer.

    ~RP~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!