Waiting on Wednesday: TAKE A BOW by Elizabeth Eulberg



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. This event highlights our most-wanted upcoming releases!

What's this? A WoW that isn't the same exact book as my Cover Crazy of the week? I've finally broken out of the trend. You know what they say about the third time (in a row)...

Title: TAKE A BOW
Author: Elizabeth Eulberg

Release Date: April 1, 2012
Publisher: Point/Scholastic

Add it: Goodreads

WHY?

I've wanted to read this since first discovering it over the summer. I want to read it even MORE after:

1) Blogging about it last week for my guest post with G Reads,
and
2) Meeting Elizabeth Eulberg at a signing last night.

THE LONELY HEARTS CLUB was the very first book I ever reviewed on my blog (back when I didn't blog a lot. I only had 38 posts my entire first year of blogging! Now, I often get that many posts in one month!).

I love books about the arts. It's one reason I really looked forward to 2011 releases RIVAL by Sara Bennett Wealer, VIRTUOSITY by Jessica Martinez, BUNHEADS by Sophie Flack, and AUDITION by Stasia Ward Kehoe, to name a few. It's why I still believe in shows like GLEE and SMASH (debuting on NBC Feb. 6, 2012). In college, I even interned at a performing arts middle school. I'm really excited about TAKE A BOW!


SUMMARY:From the fantastic author of THE LONELY HEARTS CLUB and PROM AND PREJUDICE comes a story of all the drama and comedy of four friends who grow into themselves at a performing arts high school.

Emme, Sophie, Ethan, and Carter are seniors at a performing arts school, getting ready for their Senior Showcase recital, where the pressure is on to appeal to colleges, dance academies, and professionals in show business. For Sophie, a singer, it's been great to be friends with Emme, who composes songs for her, and to date Carter, soap opera heartthrob who gets plenty of press coverage. Emme and Ethan have been in a band together through all four years of school, but wonder if they could be more than just friends and bandmates. Carter has been acting since he was a baby, and isn't sure how to admit that he'd rather paint than perform. The Senior Showcase is going to make or break each of the four, in a funny, touching, spectacular finale that only Elizabeth Eulberg could perform.



What are you anxiously waiting for this Wednesday?

Comments

  1. Sounds like a good one! I'll have to add it to my list. There are going to be sooo many good books out in 2012! Here's my WoW
    -Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like books involving the arts. Great choice!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, it sounds like a great read. :o) I'll check it out on Goodreads.

    Here's my WoW for this week.

    Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my normal sort of read, but looks like a great pick to me! I agree with Shellie, we will certainly all be reading like monsters in 2012!

    Sonette @ Bookworm Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Another book that I hadn't heard about until this week. Great selection of book this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds great! I hope you love it when you read it. :)

    Also: I'm so jealous that you got The Girls of No Return. I'll be watching for your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh this is by the same author as The Lonely Hearts Club and Prom and Prejudice? Well that pretty much sells me without even having read the plot, because I really enjoyed both those novels. I don't read nearly enough contemporary and certainly not enough with emphasis on the arts, so this one sounds like such a fantastic fix of both. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this book!
    Love these sort of books at the moment, thanks for introducing me to it =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!