Waiting on Wednesday: WINTERLING by Sarah Prineas



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. This event highlights our most-wanted upcoming releases!



Title: WINTERLING
Author: SARAH PRINEAS
Release Date: Jan. 3, 2012
Publisher: HarperChildrens
Add it:
Goodreads

WHY?
Reason #1? Kristin Cashore blurbed it.

Reason #2? Jason Chan once again created some FABULOUS cover art. (Yes, you know who he is. Small Review did an awesome compilation of several of his covers HERE. Books that include the Théâtre Illuminata trilogy by Lisa Matchev and my new recent love THE PRINCESS CURSE by Merrie Haskell.)

Reason #3? When am I NOT up for a good fantasy?? Check out this summary:


SUMMARY:
With her boundless curiosity and wild spirit, Fer has always felt that she doesn’t belong. Not when the forest is calling to her, when the rush of wind through branches feels more real than school or the quiet farms near her house. Then she saves an injured creature—he looks like a boy, but he’s really something else. He knows who Fer truly is, and invites her through the Way, a passage to a strange, dangerous land.Fer feels an instant attachment to this realm, where magic is real and oaths forge bonds stronger than iron. But a powerful huntress named the Mor rules here, and Fer can sense that the land is perilously out of balance. Fer must unlock the secrets about the parents she never knew and claim her true place before the worlds on both sides of the Way descend into endless winter.Sarah Prineas captivates in this fantasy-adventure about a girl who must find within herself the power to set right a terrible evil.



What are you anxiously waiting for this Wednesday?

Comments

  1. I did a CC post on this one, Monday. I just love the cover and the illustrator. Now that I've read the synopisis, I'm positive I'll love the book too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also in my WoW entry before. :D I hope I'll be able to get it here too once it's out. Following your link to the cover reviews :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked this book a few weeks ago! cant wait for it =D great pick!

    My WoW
    Survive by Alex Morel

    My Giveaway!

    Happy reading! ^.^
    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover looks very good. I like it! The book sounds interesting! Love that cover.... Great pick! Thank you for sharing!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really sounds exciting.
    A great choice.


    Here's my post

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds neat I've been seeing it a lot lately.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thank you for linking my post! I don't know if I want to read this book more because of the blurb or the cover. Both are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone!
    Please come check out the new WINTERLING book trailer over at the HarperChildrens channel: http://youtu.be/fXxZZ2Yxfjc
    Leave a comment or a like!
    Michelle @ Dog Ear Creative

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!