[Book Design Analysis Vlog] Obsessing Over COLORLESS TSUKURU TAZAKI AND HIS YEARS OF PILGRIMAGE by Haruki Murakami



I actually filmed this late last year and only found it recently. The book is now out in paperback with a new cover, but OMG, the original cover and design were BRILLIANT!!!

I figured I'd share a cover design vlog with you today since I haven't had a post in...um...almost a week? *hides under a bush* There are a lot of reasons for that, and a lot of it deals with stress, but today is supposed to be stress-free, so!!!

I love love love doing cover design analysis posts, and I wanted to give you all something I loved today.

Sooooo here's a vlog featuring COLORLESS TSUKURU TAZAKI AND HIS YEARS OF PILGRIMAGE by Haruki Murakami, the hardcover edition, because the jacket is see-through and amazing and the design carries over to the inside interior of the book. Pictures won't do this one any justice!


.....Very unassuming when you look at the picture online, right? Not even a little 3-D?

Wellllllll, how about now!?



That's a great cover design, one of my favorites of 2014!!!!


O F F I C I A L   I N F O:

Title:  COLORLESS TSUKURU TAZAKI AND HIS YEARS OF PILGRIMAGE
Author: Haruki Murakami
Release Date: August 12, 2014
Publisher: Knopf
SUMMARY:

COLORLESS TSUKURU TAZAKI AND HIS YEARS OF PILGRIMAGE is the long-awaited new novel-- a book that sold more than a million copies the first week it went on sale in Japan--from the award-winning, internationally best-selling author Haruki Murakami.

Here he gives us the remarkable story of Tsukuru Tazaki, a young man haunted by a great loss; of dreams and nightmares that have unintended consequences for the world around us; and of a journey into the past that is necessary to mend the present. It is a story of love, friendship, and heartbreak for the ages.

Comments