Top TWENTY 2016 Debut Novels I'm Looking Forward To!!!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!

This week's topic:
Top TWENTY 2016 Debut Novels I'm Looking Forward To!!!


I fell asleep early last night, so today's post is REALLY late. I'M SORRY!!! I also had to go out this morning, but I'm home now, so...

(At least it's finally a new post, right!?)

I chose 20 titles because, well, atm there are 20 debuts on my TBR list, and, well.... 

This is one of my favorite topics because it makes my TBR huge as I find out new titles from all of your lists, so make sure you share them with me! 



In Order of Publication...


1) THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS by Marieke Nijkamp
-Out January 6, 2016


I already read this and it is STUNNING. This book will shake you and rip you apart and then crookedly sew you back together again. The whole book takes place in less than an hour, but that hour is soaked in blood and won't be forgotten anytime soon.



2) BOOKISHLY EVER AFTER by Isabel Bandeira
-Out January 12, 2016

 
Books about books! I love books about books!!! So doesn Phoebe Martin, who wishes her life was an awesome YA fantasy/paranormal. When she finds out a boy at school has a crush on her, she knows where to go for advice: Her favorite YA novels, of course! Sounds super cute!!!



3) SWORD & VERSE by Kathy MacMillan
-Out January 19, 2016


Technically a debut, since the author's other books aren't YA, but non-fiction or for very young children. I love the tile AND the cover for this one! It's about a girl named Raisa sold into slavery, and literate despite it being illegal to be so. Only three people in the realm are allowed to study, and when one of them is executed, Raisa becomes a replacement...but is now playing a very dangerous game!



4) SYMPTOMS OF BEING HUMAN by Jeff Garvin
-Out February 2, 2016


Got me on the tagline: "The first thing you’re going to want to know about me is: Am I a boy, or am I a girl?" AND THAT COVER!!! Riley is confused and trying to figure things out, and starts an anonymous blog in an attempt at self-discovery. The blog is helping a lot, but then someone who knows Riley IRL finds it and threatens to expose Riley to the world. I don't read a lot of contemporary, but this one sounds really intriguing!

 


5) ASSASSIN'S HEART by Sarah Ahiers
-Out February 2, 2016


ASSASSINS. It's in the title!!! Annnnd there's a Romeo and Juliet spin at stake, because when Lea Saldana wakes up to find her entire family murdered, it might just be thanks to the Da Vias family...and Lea has been secretly dating Val Da Vias....

 

6) THE ABYSS SURROUNDS US by Emily Skrutskie
-Out February 8, 2016


BECAUSE SEA MONSTERS AND PIRATE QUEENS!!!



7) THE GIRL FROM EVERYWHERE by Heidi Heilig
-Out February 16, 2016


PIRATES, for one. Time traveling from modern-day NYC to 19th Century Hawaii, for another. For fans of Rae Carson, for a third. I love the way this book is blending the contemporary world with the fantastic, as well as with beloved stories brought to life. BONUS, Heidi is an awesome person on Twitter to chat with and makes awesome wardrobes to go with book covers!



8) INTO THE DIM by Janet B. Taylor
-Out March 1, 2016


I wanted this since a publicist I work with whispered secrets about it at BEA and made it sound fascinating. Then the cover came. Then the buzz came. NOW I WANT IT SO MUCH!!! Another historical fantasy, this one set in the twelfth century thanks to time traveling. For fans of Outlander!



9) BURNING GLASS by Kathryn Purdie
-Out March 1, 2016


I like the idea of this one, and the concept of Sonya's gift. It feels very X-MEN, but still very fantasy, since it has all the political intrigue I like! Oh, and there are EMPERORS and ASSASSINS, so yes!



10) REBEL OF THE SANDS by Alwyn Hamilton
-Out March 8, 2016


Another book that takes place in the desert, oh yeah! I've been waiting for this one since long before the cover and buzz, too. A kick-butt girl is my kind of gal to read about!



11) MAGNETIC SHIFT by Lucy D. Briand
-Out March 15, 2016


Nascar + X-MEN = WIN!!!! I loved TRACKED by Jenny Martin this past year, and this sounds similar, so I really want to read it!!!!



12) THE MOON IN THE PALACE by Weina Dai Randel
-Out March 2016


Historical fiction about Empress Wu, the only Empress China has seen. I must read this!!!



13) EMERGE by Tobie Easton
-Out April 12, 2016


MERMAIDS. That is all!!! (And mermaids hiding on land to escape a deadly war? I'm in!)



14) THE CROWN'S GAME by Evelyn Skye
-Out May 17, 2016


I wanted this before that gorgeous cover took the world by storm. Russian fantasy. turning ash to gold. Magical abilities. An ancient duel of magical skill. I WANT THIS NOW!!!!




15) IVORY AND BONE by Julie Eshbaugh
-Out June 14, 2016


Local Author. Prehistoric!! Clans and an Ice Age? OKAY, YES!!!!!!!!!

 

16) NEVER EVER by Sara Saedi
-Out June 21, 2016

A Peter Pan retelling!!!!!!!! That's instantly all I need to know!

 

17) BOUND BY BLOOD AND SAND by Becky Allen
-Out September 2016

If you compare a book to Tamora Pierce, I WILL BUY IT. The end!!! This takes place in the DESERT, where water is scarce, and follows a slave girl who discovers a way to return water to her water...but doing so means saving the slavers who have bound her...



18) THE READER by Traci Chee
-Out September 13, 2016

 
For fans of Shadow and Bone/ OKAY!! This is a mystery, about a girl named Sefia whose aunt and only surviving relative, is kidnapped. When she discovers a foreign object called a "book" that belonged to her father, she finds the courage to move forward and get her aunt back. Oh, and there are pirates and assassins, so YES!



19) A SHADOW BRIGHT AND BURNING by Jessica Cluess
-Out September 20, 2016

Fantasy and magic FTW!!! When Henrietta Howel burts into flames, rather than being executed, Her Majesty invites her to train as the first female sorcerer in centuries. Oh, and there's a prophecy, and she's a Chosen One, and, well, it sounds awesome!



20) EVER THE HUNTED by Erin Summerill
-Out TBA Fall 2016

I've been intrigued by this one since the press release; it's a fantasy about a girl good with a bow and arrow who must discover her father's murderer before it's too late!




    
What 2016 debut novels are you excited about!? ^_^


Comments