Top Ten Series We've Been Meaning To Start But Haven't! ^^;;;



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!

This week's topic:
Top Ten Series We've Been Meaning To Start But Haven't! ^^;;;!

This week's Top Ten Tuesday makes us feel GUILTY!!! There are SO MANY books out there and SO LITTLE time. Here are a few of the series we've been dying to begin!


In no particular order...



1) The Lightbringer Series by Brent Weeks


My friend LOVED this series, so I really wanted to read it. But the cliffhangers got her every time. So I decided to wait. It went from a trilogy to a quartet. Now it is five books. (Only five??) Supposedly, the final book is coming out by the end of the year  however, so we'll see if I finally get to read this one soonish!

 https://www.goodreads.com/series/49673-lightbringer

2) The Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima


I waited until all four of these were out. Then I borrowed them all from the library...and returned them unread. Then I bought the boxset in paperback. And now there are two books out in a sequel series and I STILL haven't gotten around to this series! Truly, I'm a horrible human being....

https://www.goodreads.com/series/46819-seven-realms

3) The Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes


Okay, okay, I actually read the first book! Then...I decided to wait until all three were out to finish the trilogy. Which then became six books PLUS three prequel books. So now there are nine books?? But the final two books come out at the end of this year, so maybe the time has finally come to dive back into this series! 

https://www.goodreads.com/series/68150-falling-kingdoms

4) The Kingkiller Chronicle series by Patrick Rothfuss

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2)

THESE FANTASY NOVELS. THEY SLAY ME!!!

Yet another series that I'm waiting to finish! I read a couple hundred pages of THE NAME OF THE WIND until I had to return it to a co-worker who was leaving, and then I decided to wait until all three books were out to buy a copy for just in case the cover changed, etc. Now...well, I'm still waiting! But as a fantasy writer myself, I definitely understand the long waits! Fantasy world building is HARD!!!!

https://www.goodreads.com/series/45262-the-kingkiller-chronicle


5) The Elemental Blessings series by Sharon Shinn


My dad bought me the first two books for Christmas. The third book never came out in paperback, and I assumed the fourth wouldn't, either, so I grabbed it recently during a Book Outlet sale. I still have to read these books, however. I hear they're really fantastic.  And I'm a huge sucker for elemental magic!!!

https://www.goodreads.com/series/77702-elemental-blessings


In no particular order...




1) The Shadow and Bone series by Leigh Bardugo


Shadow and Bone (Shadow and Bone, #1)Siege and Storm (Shadow and Bone, #2)Ruin and Rising (Shadow and Bone, #3)

This series has been on my TBR list for ages now, but even more so after I got to hear Leigh Bardugo speak at a panel during BookCon. The care she gives to world building is inspiring and that's what I keep hearing about Shadow and Bone, that the world will suck you in. I'm ready, it's going to happen, I swear on the sanctity of my bookshelf.

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23766634-a-court-of-wings-and-ruin

2) The Graceling Realm series by Kristin Cashore


Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)Fire (Graceling Realm, #2)Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3)

So basically Bonnie is going to disown me if I don't get on this series soon. I have the first book, it's sitting on my shelf, and the way she talks about it, I know I'm going to love the medieval styled world and the strong heroine with badass skills. I WILL DO THE THING BONNIE, I WILL. DON'T DISOWN ME YET.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23308087-flame-in-the-mist


3) The Young Elites series by Marie Lu


The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2)The Midnight Star (The Young Elites, #3)


I knew I needed to read this series stat once I realized it was about the rise of a villain and set in a world where magic is a misinterpreted mess. COUNT ME IN.  I will get to this beautiful series hopefully sometime soon.

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29939048-roar


4) The Fairyland series by Catherynne M. Valente

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland, #1)The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There (Fairyland, #2)The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two (Fairyland, #3)

I've been eyeing this series every time I'm in the children's department at work. I've nibbled at a few chapters in the first book and ajdkfjld the writing is amazing okay. A vivid fantasy that feels very Alice in Wonderland meets Series of Unfortunate Events. I am definitely going to give the whole series a proper look through soon.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31371485-avenged


5) The Shades of Magic series by V.E. Schwab

A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2)A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)

I'm ashamed that it took me till the end of this trilogy to realize that I needed to read it. But now it just means I can binge read the whole thing until I explode with bookworm satisfaction. Magic, three different versions of London . . . and look at these covers!!!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30037865-rise-of-fire

What books are you most excited to read???
 ^_^
 

Comments